Picture

Picture

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Was Inspired By This Quote

There is a lady that sits in front of us at Church that always brings her Bible and will reference it at times during the service. When I read this quote I instantly thought of her and thought it would be perfect for a bookmark. I'm going to take it for her this Sunday and I'm kind of excited about it.
I take a piece of 4"x4" heavy cardstock. I mark the 2" point of the top and bottom and then use my ruler to fold in the 2 sides to make a triangle at the top. I cut 1 piece of seashell patterned paper 3 7/8" x 1 7/8" for the bottom. You could do 4" x 2" if you didn't want a border but the 1/8" off allows for wiggle room if any of your cuts are not quite square. For the top triangle I cut a piece of what I hope looks like sunset colored sky paper 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" and then cut that diagonally to get 2 triangle pieces. I put one on the front and the other on the back to cover the fold lines. You don't have to use the same patterned paper for the front and back, but in this case I did. I also distressed the edges using my Tim Holtz paper distresser. I used my Silhouette to cut the zig zag border from purple cardstock for the middle. The Silhouette also cut out my lace border from what I hope looks like a tea stained piece of patterned paper. I like the way the 'lace' looks a little bit like crosses. The sentiment is printed onto light blue cardstock and cut out in a frame shape Silhouette image. I added the faux stitching.
My lessons learned: I try to keep my bookmarks as 1 dimensional as possible because hopefully they will be kept inside of someone's book ;o)
I would like to share my bookmark at:
Craft Your Days Away distressing, closes Feb. 2,
Card Crafter's Circle friendship challenge, closes Feb. 2,
One Stop Craft Challenge stitching, closes Feb. 3,
Come and Get it Challenges anything but a card, closes Feb. 3,
Stampin' Sisters in Christ your style, closes Feb. 4,
Word Art Wednesday scripture or inspirational words, closes Feb. 7

8 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

What a beautiful gift, and the quote is wonderful! Your creation is so pretty and delicate...she's bound to love it. :)
Thank you so much for sharing your creation at our Card Crafter's Circle challenge, and please join us again.

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Crafter’s Circle this week. The bookmark is fabulous and I like how you personalised this gift,I'm sure your friend will be delighted. I hope to see you again next week for our latest challenge.
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team

krcmasterpiece said...

what a great quote! Really love the faux stitching as well.
Please check out www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
It's about designing using scripture. You might enjoy it.

Pauline said...

What a wonderful creation, and such an inspiring sentiment! I love it (and it's so very true! Thanks for sharing with us at the Card Crafter's Circle!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Anonymous said...

Nice bookmark and I especially love your quote. Great! Thanks so much for taking the time to post on Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Barb - what a gorgeous sentiment and so true. YOu are very thoughtful and I am sure the lady will love it! Loving your style - thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just lovely, Barb. It's just so sweet and encouraging. We're so blessed to have you playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday, and hope you will join us Feb 9 for our awesome Blog Hop. Have a super week blessed by God.
Hugs,
Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
Word Art Wednesday

Kristine said...

I've seen that sentiment before and so true, so true!! Oh, what a lovely bookmark it is and she is sure to love and appreciate your thoughtfulness! THanks for playing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges this week! *Ü*