Picture

Picture

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Paint the Town Plaid

My cousins birthday is on Jan. 22nd. She has real red hair and plays the bagpipes. I knew when I saw this sketch from Bugaboo Stamps that the two panels behind Stella were going to be plaid! I used a little penguin image, his bells just worked perfectly for the sentiment I was thinking of. I used my Silhouette to cut out the penguin image and used the offset feature to create and cut the mat. I colored him with glitter markers and Zig markers. The 3 snowflakes are brads. I printed my sentiment on white cardstock, cut close and added that to the corners.
I would like to share my card at:
Crafting For All Seasons snowflakes, closes Jan. 25,
The Stamp Man use red, closes Jan. 27

7 comments:

sammi said...

Oh my goodness this is too cute, Barb! Love Love Love the plaid paper! It's striking against the black background! Thanks so much for participating in our “Stella Says Sketch” challenge at Catch The Bug! ~~Sammibug,~~ Guest Designer For Bugaboo Stamps.

Jodie Mackrell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodie Mackrell said...

awww....too cute! love the papers thanks for playing this weeks stella says sketch challenge at catch the bug!

Paul said...

Those papers are great. Thanks so much for joining in with us this week for our Stella Says Sketch Challengeat Catch The Bug with Bugaboo Stamps and making it a success.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

Carol said...

This is so cute Barb, loving your plaids. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Jen Leeflang said...

I love red plaids for a Christmas card - your card is great!
Thanks for joining in our "Stella Says Sketch Challenge". I hope to see another entry from you for the next one!
love
jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

Lisa said...

Fabulous! Love your work. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.