Picture

Picture

Friday, January 20, 2012

For MY SIL

My sister-in-law's birthday if February 10th and we no longer buy presents for the adults anymore (boooo) so I made her a card. The cleaning fairy is her present. I think my brother should have to break out his feather duster, apron and wings since I'm only sending the one on the card and not a real one.
I used the sketch from Bugaboo Stamps Thursday challenge. I used the cleaning fairy digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil Too. I used an old 8 1/2" x 11" piece of patterned balloon paper left over from the old days when I used that size for my scrapbooks (I dreaded the move to 12" x 12", but I made the leap) as my background paper. I then placed a piece of black polka-dotty acetate paper on top of that. I printed out my image and colored her using my EK Success pencil crayons. Distressed and stamped the edges of my image with silver ColorBox ink. The X's and O's border is a Silhouette image cut out of light blue cardstock. The sentiment frame is also a Silhouette image. I really like the way it turned out and I hope she does too (once she gets over the disappointment of no present...or cleaning fairy, boooo).
My lessons learned: I don't think my acetate paper stands out enough, but I tried it on a solid background and it didn't stand out any better. Probably best used as a transparency, over something else, like a frame.

I would like to share my card at:
Card Makin' Mamas something old (patterned paper), closes Feb. 3,
Sparkles Forum Challenges new crafty goodies (digistamp), closes Feb. 14

4 comments:

Maria said...

Very pretty card for you sil! Would love to have a cleaning fairy! Take care!!:-))

sammi said...

What a cute idea! A cleaning fairy! I love it! Thanks for joining us in our “Mini Sketch challenge”, We’re so happy you celebrated our 2nd Birthday with us at Catch The Bug! Good Luck! ~~Sammibug,~~ Guest Designer For Bugaboo Stamps.

Tammy Miller said...

This is so so cute, love it!

Jacq said...

Hi,
This is just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the Fab image, the dp, the colour scheme is just gorgeous. Love the layout. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge and Good Luck. Hope you will join in with us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx