Picture

Picture

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's -45 Degrees Celsius Here Today (-49 F)

It's a cold day here today, temperature around -30 C, -45 C with the wind chill. The school buses didn't run but the husband went to work. If your car starts, and if it's plugged in it starts, you go. I know, smart people would take one look at the temp. turn the alarm off and go back to bed! My 30-30 dog was in on the mat today. If it's above 30 or below 30 he gets to come in. The cats were cuddled up together in the cathouse. A good day to finish up some crafty projects!
This is a birthday card for my friend Amanda. Her birthday is Jan. 19th and I believe she is leaving her 20's behind with this one. We met when my husband was Vice-Principal and so he was only in the classroom half-time. She was his other half (we've made lots of jokes about that) and we've been friends ever since. I used a Silhouette image for the purse and cut it out of black cardstock. The 'fabulous' rhinestones were a sticker I bought a long time ago but always new it was for a card or layout for Amanda. We tease her about how many times she says "fabulous" (and she's usually saying it sarcastically). I used Lime Twist twine by MME in pink and threaded it through the holes. I tied 2 small knots on each side on the back to attach the twine. The sequin flower is from Imaginisce Cupcake Flowers brights. I attached it using double sided tape. A BoBunny brad made the flower center. A bow out of pink lace attached to the handle completes the front of the purse. I used the internal offset feature on my Silhouette to create the panels that I cut out of pink floral paper. Another frame image from the Silhouette made the 2 inside panels cut out of white cardstock. I used a sentiment from Birds Cards on the top panel. I'll write our sentiment on the other one. I used a pink and a yellow glitter marker for the faux stitching. Finished it off with a pop dot as my purse closure.
My lessons learned: I had to skip the middle hole on the purse flap so that the ends of my twine both finished on the inside. I covered that with my popdot. I will include a scratch and win lottery ticket (no purse should be empty) and who knows maybe she'll share if she wins the big one!
 
I would like to share my card at:
Card Crafter's Circle Happy Birthday, closes Jan. 19,
Bugaboo Stamps birthday, closes Jan. 21,
Sweet Stampin' Challenge sparkle, closes Jan. 21,
Sentimental Sundays ribbon and a sentiment, closes Jan. 22,
City Crafter Challenge pretty inside and out, closes Jan. 24,
Some Odd Girl bling it up, closes Jan. 24,
The ABC Challenge happy birthday, closes Jan. 31,
I Brake For Challenges fancy folds, closes Feb. 1

13 comments:

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

WhooHOOO!!! Love this purse and especially because I love pink and black with a little bit of bling!!!I received a silhouette for christmas and I lOVE it....I'll see you again next week, but thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

Hugs,
Calypso

Vicki Fraser said...

I'm surprised you can even move with temperatures like that, let alone make such a gorgeous little bag card! Our temps are 70deg c warmer than yours!

Ros said...

Oh this is adorable!! Perfect inside and out! ... many thanks for playing at CCCB

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Crafter's Circle with a terrific Birthday card. I really love this handbag card with such a pretty pink sparkly flower,love it!!!!!!I hope to see you again next week and I'm sure Amanda will love it.
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
Card Crafter's Circle Design Team

sgc said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing along in the Bugaboo Birthday Challenge!

Min said...

Oh My is this FABULOUS!! I just love what you did (and all that BLING!)
We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug 2nd Birthday" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Natali said...

"Fabulous" creation!! Love your "channel" small black bag )))
Gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Glitter, Bling, Shine, Sparkle” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

pc: Absolutely lovely two little prinsess on a photo )) Happy New Year!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is adorable, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays for our ribbon challenge!

Unknown said...

This is so cute. Perfect for our challenge.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Very cute purse. Purses are one of my guilty pleasures. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sunday and hope to see you next week.

cnelson said...

This is so pretty! !! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!!

Shanna Shands said...

Super cute purse. This would make for a great gift card holder!