Picture

Picture

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Too Many Possibilities

Our challenge this fortnight at Crafting With Dragonflies is to make your own flowers. Our sponsor is A and T Digital Designs. Now you would think with flowers and faeries I would have no trouble at all coming up with some inspiration for this one. That was the problem. I had so many little floaty ideas around in my head I couldn't pin any of them down, there were so many possibilities I was completely at a loss.
I found my sunflower image in the Silhouette store. The center looked like a perfect frame for my little faerie images. And I knew it had good shaping potential. But what to do with it? Well I finally settled on door hangers, don't ask me how because I'm not sure myself, lol. I cut the door hangers from heavier 110 pound cardstock. Then cut them out again in my dps. Ran my dp's through the embosser using D'vine Swirls embossing folder and through the Xyron to add adhesive. Put one on top of the other and I had 2 fairly decorative and sturdy door hangers. I colored my images with Prismacolor pencils. To shape my sunflowers I used the curved back of my plastic 1/32 tsp. measuring spoon (also known as a Smidgen). I also use a foam cutting mat, similar to a mouse pad, to rub the center of each flower petal with the back of my spoon. The result is lovely, curved flower petals. The banner is another Silhouette file that I printed the little girls' Teacher's names on. I've blurred out part of their names for privacy but you get the idea.
Miss O already has hers hanging on her classroom door and Miss H said that she loooooves faeries and how did we know?!? Funny how when our mojo flies out the window it can come back in as a door hanger...get it...when one door closes...nevermind ;o)
I would like to share my projects at:
Crafting When We Can make your own flowers, closes Nov. 10,
Crafty My Life anything goes but no cards, closes Nov. 30

14 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Yep. got it - lol. Yours has certainly produced some excellent results! Beautiful flowers highlighting those cute faeries. Lovely gifts too.

happyglitzygirl said...

Lol, read your post, great idea, they look lovley and bright, well done, blessings Hilde

Ina G said...

Love them Barb. Beautiful and bright and a fabulous idea for the Teachers. Such cute fairies.

Sammy said...

These are just gorgeous Barb! And I'm not surprised the teachers loved them! x

judith@poppy cottage said...

Fab door hangers Barb, really pretty, the yellow really stands out against the deep background. Great idea, hugs, Judith xx

Wynn said...

The colour combo is great. Those sunflowers really pop. I enjoyed reading your blog post and yes I got it too lol
Hugs Wynn xx

Unknown said...

Stunning flowers i so love sunflowers. Great presents hugs txx

Vickie Y said...

Gorgeous flowers and door hangers! Thank you for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can Challenge.

Poppet said...

Great door hangers Barb, how can you not start your day happy when you see these as you enter the room.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

kel Acopan said...

these are just gorgeous barb! i'm sure the teachers loved them... such a different kind of gift!

lovies, =o) kel

Unknown said...

Great Project and colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft my Life with our Anything but a card challenge, Tania xx (DT) big hugs*Ü*

May said...

Stunning project... Love those flowers & pretty images... Hugs May x x x

sparklingblackrose said...

So cute! Thank you so much for joining us at my Craft My Life-All Crafts Challenge, hope to see you enter again soon! Elaine-xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/all-crafts-challenge-octnov-midway.html

Kate said...

What fabulous gifts for the girls' teachers! The blue and yellow combo is so striking and those curled petals really do look wonderful!