Picture

Picture

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cupcake Party Favor

I made these as a thank-you for coming to my party gift from one of my little girls. The heart cupcake wrapper is a Silhouette file cut out of white cardstock. Wrap gumballs in plastic wrap and place in a regular cupcake liner. Then put the whole thing into your cupcake wrapper. I put a toothpick into a big red gumball and inserted the toothpick right through the plastic to create the cherry on top. They make such a colorful little giveaway!
My lessons learned: you need something to contain your gumballs while you are putting them into the plastic wrap or they roll all over before you can gather the sides of your wrap. A small cup or even a firm cupcake wrapper will do.
I would like to share my project at:
Sundays Are Lovely linky party, closes August 1,
Monica's Creative Madness cupcake project, closes August 2

5 comments:

Monica said...

What a great idea! I love this! The white and the colorful gumballs looks great!
Thanks for joining us over at Cameo Creatios!
Toodles
Monica
www.monicascretivemadness.com

Kate said...

What a fabulous idea for a thank you gift!! I'll bet your daughter's friends will love them!! I love your "lesson learned the hard way" advice. I can see myself having gumballs rolling every which way as well. Thanks for the tip!

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

Love this. What a great idea. Thanks for playing along at cameo creations

Lisa Norris said...

What a fun idea! Thanks so much for joining us over at Cameo Creations! :)

Kristy said...

What a creative use of a cupcake wrapper!! Thanks for playing along in the Cameo Creations challenges. : )

Kristy