Picture

Picture

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Graduation

My niece graduated from Grade 12 on June 29th. She's an amazing girl that got 3 scholarships and the 4 year honor roll designation. She's off to University to study Kinesiology in the Fall. We're very proud of her!
I used a Silhouette cut file called 3D Graduation Cap Box by Lori Whitlock to create the grad cap/box. The tassel I made myself using gold embroidery cotton. I watched this video to make my tassel, but there are lots of instructions out there. It is attached at the top with a gold brad. The image is called Grad Girl 2015 by Saturated Canary. She was colored using my Prismacolor pencils in my niece's school colors. The tags are just two pieces of cardstock with black brads. I didn't put the brads right through the cap, just through the tag and then taped the tag on. There is another one with Congratulations and her name on the other side.

 
I again followed an online tutorial for how to fold a heart from a bill. I spent most of the day trying various creations until my bill was so creased it looked awful. That's when I learned that you can't iron directly on to our new Canadian money. It melts. Gave the Husband a moment of panic thinking I had wrecked some money but it was just a minor crinkle, should be still usable. As for how to get the heart to hold it's shape? Tape, clear tape. Let's not share this part of the story with the Bank of Canada, shall we?
I'd like to share at:
Lacy Sunshine Challenge summer celebrations, closes July 5,
Craft Your Passion anything goes, closes July 6,
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge anything goes, closes July 8

2 comments:

Amy Cohen said...

How creative!! Wonderful job. Good luck with entry at Penny's.
Amy-DT

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x