Picture

Picture

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One For The Guys, Blokes, Chaps, Dudes....Men

This fortnight at Crafting With Dragonflies we are looking for a card for the guys. Can be for Father's Day if you are in Australia or New Zealand or any other card with a masculine theme. Our sponsors this challenge are QKR Stampede and Sassy Studio Designs. Because we do our winners posts on our off weeks between challenges, we ask that you be a follower of the challenge blog so that you don't miss out on any of our winners posts as well as our challenge posts! I get to visit every entry this time and I'm so looking forward to it becuase I am always looking for inspiration on this theme.
I used Sassy Studio's Wonder Sassy for the front of my card. She is colored with Prismacolor pencils. My star dp is from MME's lime twist Out Of The Blue. I used the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine with some gold thread to do the stitching. Blue glitter paper and gold mirrored paper are the other two papers used. The star border is a Silhouette cut file as are the gold stars and speech bubble. I added the text to my speech bubble and used the print and cut feature of my Silhouette.
For the inside, I again used print and cut for both my sentiment (word bubble) and image. I colored Gus from Bugaboo Stamps using Prismacolor pencils and put some Glossy Accents on his glasses. Added a red check mark for good measure, and cheek ;)
I'd like to share my card at:
Sassy Studio Designs book or bookmark (comic books) and GDT call, closes Aug. 21, *Winner!*
Here Comes The Boys squares, closes Aug. 25,
Digi Galore anything goes and birthday hop, closes Aug. 31, *Hop Prize!*
Cards For Men funny birthday, closes Sept. 1

10 comments:

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Barb. Beautifully coloured and I love the images...they really put a smile on my face.
Thanks for playing along with us at Cards for Men this week. Pat K xx

Susan Hogan said...

So funny - yep, I've still got it too! Love the old fart - he is so funny, and your colouring of the digi is great. Hope everything is going well in Canada!

Ina G said...

Fabulous card Barb and yes so funny too. Great choice of colours and layout.

kel Acopan said...

barb this is amazing, i love everything about your card!!

lovies, =o) kel

Craftdee Donna said...

Great card... I really love the sentiment, check, lol. Thanks for joining in the "Only Squares" challenge at Here Come The Boys
Good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

Unknown said...

Stunning colouring on the image, great card made me laugh hugs txx

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Barb, this looks AMAZING! Love how you have her framed in the red...really cool. Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Studio Designs DTBST challenge this week and good luck.

-Lori SSD DT

Stacey said...

wonderful card! thanks for sharing it with us at Here Come The Boys xx

Anne said...

Brilliant card! So glad you popped in to share it with us at Cards for Men. Hugs x

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

love love love your card.. so clever and brilliant..thanks for joining us at Digigalore..lol