Picture

Picture

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wedding Belles

Hello hoppers! And welcome to our first ever Crafting With Dragonflies wedding blog hop, this is something new for me, I've never been a part of a hop before. My image is from A Day For Daisies, I love them, their images are so versatile. Mine is called May I Have This Dance and 1 lucky commenter on this blog post is going to win this beautiful image! In fact, be sure to comment on each blog in the hop because each lady has a prize to giveaway! We also all have some words you'll want to watch for that make a phrase. You will be entered to win another prize for collecting all the words and e-mailing them in their proper order to Susan, her address is on the challenge blog ;o)
For my card I made a gate fold card from white cardstock. I embossed two smaller white cardstock panels for the front and then used Distress Ink in Spun Sugar to highlight the embossing. I used gold mirrored cardstock for the frame, cut out with my Silhouette, and then some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers on the corners. I placed some half backed pearls on either side of my flowers. I tucked the top right corner of my frame under the flower to keep it closed. Inside I used more gold mirrored cardstock for the inside panels and the corners, also a Silhouette cut file. My image was colored with Prismacolor pencils. I knew their colors were pink, so that was why I used pink for all the accents.

And now since I have a captive audience, just a little bit about my own wedding. I was married in September of 2000, a beautiful Fall wedding in the Church I was baptized in. Thankfully all the farmers (including my Dad) were done harvest and could attend. Now I know how many years it's been by what year we're in. GENIUS! For my something new my Mom made my wedding dress. I couldn't find anything in my size to try on and so we picked out a pattern instead. I'm very blessed to have a Mom that can do that and be such an important part of our very special day.
The story I would most like to share with you is about our honeymoon. No not that story, naughty minds. We were in the airport going to Prince Edward Island for our Honeymoon on July 24th, 2001. Because we both worked in schools, we were obviously not allowed to take time off in September for our honeymoon so we waited until summer holidays the next year. The attendant asked us if we had been in possession of our luggage the whole time or if anyone had tampered with it. The Husband said, "no, but it might explode." Complete silence everywhere, audible gasp from me. Then he added, "you know, because they're so full". His attempt at humor. If this had been after September 11th, 2001 I am completely confident the Husband would still be in the Regina airport. But as it was I said, "you never say that word in an airport!". And the lady behind the desk said he should use the word, "expand". So we very, very luckily got to go on our honeymoon together. I tell people I was going either way.
You should have arrived here from the lovely Ina's blog and your next stop will be the busy and talented Kelli where I'm sure she will have something new for you too!

31 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Barb - I love that story of the expl....expanding suitcases! Great wedding photos too; your Mum sure did a good job of that wedding dress- beautiful, as is the bride. Your card is super-duper good - such a pretty image and so beautifully framed.

Gail said...

I hope you have both had a good laugh on many more occasions since your wedding day . I love all the hearts on your card ,so pretty.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for your inspiration on this blog hop. Thank you also for your wedding story and lovely photo.
Best wishes

Carmen said...

That is a beautiful card... What a funny story you are right though he would not have been allowed on the plane had he made that comment now.

Mayras Designs said...

How funny that sound like something my husband would have said also !!! Lovely card love the touches of gold very pretty !!

Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great card. Lovely wedding story - I probably would have gone either way too! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Stunning picture Barb, your mum made a lovely dress. Great wedding card. Your hubby just sounds like mine lol hugs txx

happyglitzygirl said...

What a gorgeous couple you make, and you look so beautiful and happy...your mum did a wonderful job on the dress and a great story....
Beautiful creation, blessings Hilde

Anonymous said...

Darling card! Truly enjoyed your honeymoon story. Moments that memories are made of!

D- said...

Your card is very pretty.
I had to laugh at your husband's wording. What was he thinking? Okay never mind I know what he was thinking. lol. glad everything worked out.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

judith@poppy cottage said...

Lovely card Barb, with really pretty pink accents. You looked lovely on your wedding day, and your Mum did a great job with your dress. My OH is the same with the wisecracks, so I smiled when I read your story, hugs, Judith xx

papillon digital design said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing the funny. story. Lol

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Especially like the gold foil & flowers on your Wedding card. My hubby has a sense of humor and would have probably said the same thing.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Gail said...

A lovely card and beautiful wedding story - your dress is totally awesome! Your man is handsome too! Thanks for the hop and the story - it is delightful!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful wedding card Barb.

greetings karin

Margaret said...

What a great story you have shared! One that you will always remember of course! Your card is gorgeous!
{{{hugs}}}
Margy
Owner: Digistamps4Joy

Karen Hasheck said...

What a beautiful wedding card! I enjoyed your wedding story too.

Ina G said...

Love your image and your card is simply sweet and adorable. I think you both looked so beautiful on your Wedding Day and thank you for showing your photo to us.

Jeannie said...

Hi Barb,
Love your story and your card :)

DonnaMundinger said...

The sweetest card EVER! and my heart almost stopped when I read what your hubby said about the luggage. So glad it all turned our alright. Lovely pictures. xxD

Jackie C said...

Oh! Just perfect! Jackie x

crafty said...

The card is so sweet. Your husband sounds just like mine!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

beautiful gown you had...wonderful card...love the gold!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Hi Barb, thankyou for leaving a comment for my kettle shaped card and tea bag gift box, you mentioned I needed to be a follower for crafting dragonflies which I already am via email as you don't seem to have a follower box with the pics in on the challenge blog and I don't have twitter. I have tried to follow by email again to check it out but it says I am already following, not sure what else I need to do
Your wedding card is absolutely gorgeous, what a supercute image :-)
Hugs Julie x

KT Fit Kitty said...

I enjoyed your story! Your husband's joke was funny but you are right - the airport is not a good place to say explode when talking about luggage! LOL! Your gatefold card is beautiful - I've never made a gatefold but I would like to try after seeing your.

Thanks for the great blog hop, the great story, and the inspiration! Enjoy your day!

KT Fit Kitty
http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/
P.S. I have candy on my blog.

kel Acopan said...

your honeymoon story is hilarious :) and you're so lucky your mom made you your dress... you looked (still do) beautiful barb!!

lovies, =o) kel

Divya said...

Moose: Loved your card as well as your humorous incident!! Your daughter's are indeed as pretty as you and I'm sure as witty as their father!!

Thanks for the clue

Love
Divya
http://pinkpapercastle.blogspot.in/

Kate said...

I have to tell you that my husband just came into my office to find out why I was laughing. I shared your honeymoon story with him and he had a good laugh too.

Your wedding photo is gorgeous! How wonderful that your mother could make your dress!! It's beautiful!

Your card is so sweet! The image is adorable and the embossing is a fabulous touch. And Wild Orchid flowers are always a gorgeous way to embellish.

Jane said...

what a beautiful dress you had and I am glad you got on your honeymoom...LOL.A lovely card too...this hop is such fun! x

Anonymous said...

Cute card!!
I love the image, its adorable!!
You look beautiful in your wedding pic!!

Sarah said...

Your card is beautiful! My mother made my wedding dress also! That's very special to me.