Picture

Picture

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Getting in the Halloween Spirit

This was a picture my husband took of the girls and I last Halloween at the end of our lane. My Dad does a display every year using his own pumpkins which he also carves himself and corn stalks from the garden. We had a little snow. It's always harder for us to pick costumes because we have to be able to fit some layers underneath! Kaylee was a pilot, Abby was a zebra, and I was a nurse. I carved the girls' pumpkins. Kaylee wanted a spooky one and Abby's had two bottom teeth, just like her!
For my card I followed a sketch at Crafty Sentiments. I found the most awesome ribbon and cut the 'moon' out of cardstock using my Silhouette. I used a free image from Whimsie Doodles and colored her using my Zig markers and EK Success pencil crayons. I used the trace and detach feature on my Silhouette to trace the image (this is the first time this actually worked for me), then printed it, then cut it with my Silhouette. It worked pretty well. Used some pop dots to lift her off the page a bit, I think it helped to make her hair and cape look like they are really blowing in the breeze.
My lesson learned: it was very hard for me not to put a sentiment on this card, but I really think it didn't need it. You can tell it's for Halloween and we're going to write Happy Halloween inside so I left it without one. Still it felt strange not putting one on it.
I would like to share my card at:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Halloween,
MelJen's Designs use ribbon,
Sassy Studio Designs use black, orange, purple and green,
Card Makin' Mamas Halloween
Designed2Delight Halloween



7 comments:

Julie said...

What adorable trick-or-treaters!! Your card is great too. Thanks for joining us at SSD
Hugs,
Julie

Kate said...

So adorable. Both your card and your little ones. Thank you so much for playing with us over at Sassy Studio Designs Dare to Be Sassy Thursday.

Hugs,
Kate

Dawny P said...

Ohh I love your spooky-tastic card chick. What gorgeous colours you've used :) Thank you for joining us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x PS how adorable are your little 'monsters'. awwww x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card, love the spiders web & your super cute trick or treaters!

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super and WOW it is Awesome ribbon with the sparkle on it.

WOW Love your Fathers display of pumpkins they are brilliant and your trick or treaters are adorable.

Thanks for playing on Crafty Sentiments this week, Hazelxo

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such adorable photos
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Super cute, love your ribbon! Thanks for playing along with SSD!