Picture

Picture

Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Mind's Eye

This did not turn out how I envisioned it in my mind's eye. In fact I'm only sharing it because I like the idea of it but am not very fond of the finished product. I have a friend that uses the phrase 'put on my big girl panties' a lot, so I knew the image Big Girl Pants from Mo's Digital Pencil would be perfect for her birthday card. I decided to use a whole bunch of elements you would find on panties for the front of the card. I used a real elastic cut off of an old pair of panties and I sewed it onto the front of the card. I added some lace, a small fork bow, and a safety pin. Oh come on, you know you've got a pair of those too, lol. Colored her with Prismacolor pencils and paper pieced her panties. Sharon's hair really is pretty close to that color. Inside I included the verse which I'm sure I found on Pinterest:
Friends are like
UNDERPANTS...
Some crawl up your butt
Some snap under pressure
Some don't have the
strength to hold you up
Some get a little twisted
Some support you
Some are your favorite
Some are cheap and
just get bent out of shape
And some actually DO
cover your butt
when you need them to!!!
I would like to share my card at:
Digital Tuesday Challenge birthdays, closes March 5,
Catch The Bug Challenge anything goes, closes March 9,
Crafty Ribbons anything goes with ribbon, closes March 13,
Craft Us Crazy #38, anything goes, closes March 13,
The Sisterhood of Crafters birthdays, closes March 13,
Stampin' for the Weekend lace, closes March 14,
Sparkles lace it up, closes March 14




9 comments:

Jenn Bedient said...

Oh, this is too good. Love it! The embellies are great and that image is just too cute. Thanks so much for sharing with us at SFTW. Hope you have a fabulous day!

- Jenn DT

Lesley said...

Cute card! Thanks for taking part in Sparkles 'Lace It Up' challenge xx

mulberry station said...

How fun..I love the use of the safety pin, lace and bow. Such a cute image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug. Good Luck
Nancy Guest Designer CTB

Darlene said...

ADORABLE creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

lindyloo said...

what a great card and i love the image thank you for joining us at digital tuesday
linda

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is a lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

Kathy said...

LOL, so cute. The sentiment you added inside is so funny, love it. Thank you for joining us at the anything goes challenge for March at Bugaboo!

Tammy Miller said...

What a great project, very cutet!! Thanks so much for joining our March Anything goes at CTB! We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge! Hope to see you again very soon!

Susan Hogan said...

LOL - how cute is this! Yes, know the phrase and enjoyed the poem - so true!Love that you have used all those pieces and appropriately!