Picture

Picture

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I May Have Lost My Mind, Day 4

This was the hardest yet, I even moved on I was so stumped on this one, not sure why. Anyways Day 4 at Bugaboo Stamps 12 days of Christmas challenge was to use a bird. Maybe because I'd already used so many penguins I had such a hard time with this one. I picked a marshmallow snowman with 2 birdie friends and added 2 more. I used a vines and berries patterned background from the Silhouette store. I used the pan pattern feature in the advanced options to best line up the patterned background with my image. Then I used the print and cut feature. I know a marshmallow snowman works because both are white but I just couldn't resist coloring him the colors of mini marshmallows. I like that it adds some non-traditional colors to the mix. His green and white scarf is in the same colors as our CFL football team, the Saskatchewan Roughriders. If you're from Saskatchewan you know that everyone owns something in those colors. I printed and cut the tag with sentiment and added a green glam rock with my iRock. Some DecoArt snow finished the job.
My lessons learned: I had not used a background pattern in the Silhouette before and I realized it only added pattern to the background and kept my image white. Before I was cutting a printed background paper and then had to cut out my image separately and put it on top. Or if I printed the whole image on patterned paper I then had to paper piece the images I needed colored. This was much, much easier. The only downside is that it doesn't add any dimension. But that did allow me to use a more graphic background.

1 comment:

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful project with us! We're so happy you joined us At Catch The Bug "12 Days of Christmas" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!