Picture

Picture

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

From The Little Girls

I think this may be one of my favorites. This was for The Husband's birthday. I used an image from Tiddly Inks called Daddy's Girl. I imported it into my Silhouette and replicated it. Then flipped the second one horizontally and resized it smaller. I used the font Fiolex Girls and added the sentiment. I then printed both image and sentiment right out onto my card. I used Marvy Opaque Stix to add the color. I love the way they dried to an almost painted look!
My lessons learned (tip): When running your card through the printer, put the natural curve of your card up. I placed it down and it kept getting caught in the printer because it created this little bow in the paper that would not feed flat through the printer. It seemed so opposite of what I should be doing to put that curve up, but that was the only way it worked. Go figure.
I would like to share my card at:
Simon Says birthday, closes May 9,
CAS-ual Fridays clean and simple birthday, closes May 10,
Come and Get it Challenges for the boys, closes May 11,
Top Tip Tuesday clean and simple, closes May 21



10 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

What a sweet birthday card for daddy! Love how you personalized it and that little pop of color! Thanks for playing with us at Cas-ual Fridays!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great card, I like how you did the two girls with the one smaller and then just added a very hint of color to it. Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It.
Cindy

Desire Fourie said...

Such a special photo of Dad and his little treasures. Loving the image on the card.
Hugs
Desire

Judy McKay said...

Very special father's day card. great work. Thank you for playing Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Meighan Wheller said...

Love the image and the touch of colour. Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenges. Regards Meighan

Dana said...

That photo is sweet and the card is just as darling. I love that you printed it from your computer! Awesome work. So pleased you joined in on the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

* Shell B.* said...

Wonderfully done Barb! Perfect Birthday card from the girls!

Glad you joined us for the challenge at Come and Get It,.....Good Luck!

Shell~Alaska♥
CGIC

Flutterby Trina said...

how cute! Thanks for playing along with us at TTT with our Clean and Simple Challenge, good Luck and hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Minckler said...

Awwww, what a super fantastic Birthday card! This is adorable. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

LaJanette said...

Such a sweet picture and what a fab card! Love the way you have customized the image:0)

Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday.

Hugs;
Janette

PS; I have candy up on my blog if you would like to take a look:0)
lajanete.blogspot.com